Report Abuse or Neglect

Community Resources

Our friendly, knowledgeable Community Resources Specialists are ready and able to help with all of your support needs for yourself or a loved one.  Even if you don’t know what services you might need, call us and we will help you figure it all out.


We Can Help:

  • Find transportation options
  • Connect you to supportive housing services
  • Schedule you for home delivered meals
  • Refer for Personal Care Attendant or Homemaker services
  • Provide you with information on in-home services such as hairdressing, foot care, home repair, lawn care, snow removal, and more.


Who We Serve:

  • Adults age 60 years or older.
  • Adults of any age with Alzheimer’s Disease or dementia.
  • A grandparent or relative caregiver (not a parent), aged 55 years or older, caring for a grandchild or grandchildren, ages 18 years or younger.
  • An adult disabled child between the ages of 19 and 59.
  • Persons with disabilities
  • Caregivers caring for older adults, persons with disabilities or grandchildren

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I qualify for Services with WestMass ElderCare?

The Community Resource Specialist will ask several questions in order to determine what program an individual qualifies for.  These questions include age, disabilities, etc.

What is the referral process like?
The referral process takes about 20 minutes to complete.  The Community Resource Specialist will gather demographic data, medical history information, and she/he will ask  specifically what the individual’s needs are.  At that time, a referral is made to whatever program fits her/his needs.  If possible, the CRS will set up the initial appointment for an Intake Specialist to visit the home and make and conduct an assessment.
How much do I have to pay if I qualify?
Fees for services are based on income.  WestMass ElderCare does not ask about assets other than monthly income.  If the individual is eligible for MassHealth, she/he will receive guidance and/or assistance with the application process.
Can someone I know become my Personal Care Attendant?
The PCA Program gives MassHealth members the funds to hire a personal care attendant to help with activities of daily living (ADL’s) such as bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, exercising, taking medications, and moving about inside the home.  The MassHealth member, with the support of the PCA agency, becomes the employer (in many case can be some one known them) and is in charge of hiring, firing, training and supervising the PCA.
Can you help me apply for MassHealth?
WMEC staff will assist those in need with applying for MassHealth if they are not able to carry out the task on their own.
Are you going to ask me how much money I have in the bank?
WMEC Community Resource Specialists will not ask you how much money you have in the bank or what your assets are (unless he/she is assisting you with a MassHealth application). The only  information requested on Intake is the amount of income coming into the home monthly through Social Security, Pension, etc.